The Health Benefits of Wheatgrass
Don’t be fooled by appearances. Wheatgrass looks like plain grass from your lawn, but it is considered to be a superfood! In this article you will learn about the many benefits of wheatgrass and easy ways to consume it.
Wheatgrass is the young grass of the common wheat plant. Its nutrient density is very high; it is a source of many vital nutrients your body can’t do without. You can purchase it at your local natural foods store. It is suitable for a gluten-free diet.
Listed below are some of the many health benefits of wheatgrass
- It is very rich in vitamin A (important for great hair and skin), B, C and E.
- Wheatgrass is a good source of antioxidants and electrolytes (17 essential amino acids, 90 minerals, 13 vitamins et 80 enzymes).
- Its overall composition of chlorophyll is 70%.
- Wheatgrass is a blood strengthener and rebuilder which can help give you a boost in energy.
- Supplies a good source of protein.
- It is beneficial for the overall immune function.
- Wheatgrass purifies your blood and protects your liver by detoxifying the body of heavy metals.
- Acts as an antibacterial by halting growth of unfriendly bacteria.
- Is a liver cleanser and detoxifier, and reduces free radical damage.
Because of its healing properties, wheatgrass can assist in fighting skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis, can improve digestion, and help to reduce inflammation.
The taste of wheatgrass can be unpleasant for certain people, therefore I recommend you add small quantities to your smoothies so you can gradually initiate your taste buds.
You can make your own wheatgrass juice in your Vitamix
- Grab a handful of wheatgrass and mix with 1 cup of filtered water in your blender for about 30 seconds.
- Pour the mixture in a nut milk mesh bag (sold in most natural foods stores), and squeeze out the juice over a container. You can discard the leftover grass fibers.
- The end result is wheatgrass juice.
Finally, I hope you are motivated to include this superfood in your diet and that you will try it this week. Finally, it is recommended that you drink wheatgrass juice on an empty stomach.
Stay tuned for more healthy vegetarian ingredients and product suggestions in my future posts! You can subscribe to this blog and receive new posts and videos by email.