Nourishing Berry Chocolate Chia Pudding Recipe with a Sweet Coconut Cream Topping, Vegan and Gluten-Free. In pictured version, I used fresh goji berries and strawberries; feel free to make your own berry twist!
Makes about 4 servings
To make this healthy berry chocolate chia pudding you will need:
1/3 cup chia seeds
3 tablespoons of unsweetened cacao powder
6 dates, pitted
3 tablespoons almond butter
1/2 ripe medium avocado, halved and pitted
1 1/2 cups almond milk, unsweetened
1 1/4 cups fresh or frozen berries of your choice (strawberries, goji berries, cherries, raspberries, or other berries)
optional : 1 can coconut milk, stored in the fridge (to make the coconut cream topping)
- Add all the ingredients, except for the chia seeds and the coconut milk, to your food processor or blender. Blend until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Incorporate the chia seeds to the mixture, and with a spatula, mix thoroughly.
- Divide into four portions/cups, and refrigerate overnight, or for a minimum of 8 hours.
- When your chia pudding is ready, prepare the coconut cream, or just top with toasted coconut, fruits, and a chocolate drizzle.
To prepare the coconut cream :
- Pour the cold coconut paste, without the clear liquid, into a bowl or small blender (Nutribullet), add 2 tablespoons powdered sugar or any sweetener of your choice, and whip until it becomes a soft white cream.
- Top your chia puddings with the coconut cream and some fresh or dried fruit.
- Enjoy your berry chocolate chia pudding!
Stay tuned for more healthy, gluten-free vegan recipes in my future posts! You can subscribe to the Green to Glass newsletter and receive notifications of new videos and recipes by email on a monthly basis.