If you want to add more probiotics to your diet, give homemade cashew yogurt a try! Dairy-free and vegan-friendly, this tasty fermentation can easily be made at home!
To prepare your homemade cashew yogurt you will need :
1 cup raw unsalted cashews, soaked for 4-10 hours, rinced
1 1/4 cups filtered water
2 tablespoons maple syrup or agave nectar
5 g vegan yogurt starter powder
optionnal : Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup coconut cream to this recipe for a richer and creamier version!
- Add all the ingredients for your homemade cashew yogurt above to your blender. Mix until the texture is completely smooth.
- Pour in a glass jar and cover with plastic wrap or an airtight cap.
- Let sit for 24 – 36 hours at room temperature.
- The cashew yogurt can turn out a little fizzy with a slightly tangy flavor depending on the fermentation time.
- Once you are satisfied with the taste of your homemade cashew yogurt, you can add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and refrigerate in an airtight container.
- Once refrigerated, your homemade cashew yogurt will gain more thickness and keep for several weeks.
Subscribe to my channel to watch all my future videos :
Follow me on Instagram! @green_to_glass
Like my Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/greentoglass/
Stay tuned for more fermentation recipes in my future posts! You can subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new recipes by email on a monthly basis.