If you want to add more probiotics to your diet, give homemade vegan cashew yogurt a try! Dairy-free and vegan-friendly, this tasty fermentation can easily be made at home!
Dairy-free and vegan-friendly, this tasty fermentation can easily be made at home! This yogurt can replicate the thickness of traditional greek yogurt and only takes a few days to ferment.
To prepare your homemade vegan cashew yogurt you will need :
1 cup raw unsalted cashews, soaked for 4-10 hours, rinced
1 1/4 cups filtered water
2-3 tablespoons maple syrup or agave nectar
5 g vegan yogurt starter powder
optionnal : Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup coconut cream to this recipe for a richer and creamier version!
- Add all the ingredients for your homemade cashew yogurt above to your blender. Mix until the texture is completely smooth.
- Pour in a glass jar and cover with plastic wrap or an airtight cap.
- Let sit for 24 – 48 hours at room temperature. If you want to accelerate the fermentation process and if it’s during the colder months of the year, you can store your jar in the oven (on off mode), light on, door closed. This will create a perfect incubator for your yogurt to ferment and should take about 8-12 hours.
- The cashew yogurt can turn out a little fizzy with a slightly tangy flavor depending on the fermentation time.
- Once you are satisfied with the taste of your homemade cashew yogurt, you can add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil, and refrigerate in an airtight container.
- Once refrigerated, your homemade vegan cashew yogurt will gain more thickness and keep for several weeks.
Subscribe to my channel to watch all my future videos :
Follow me on Instagram! @green_to_glass
Like my Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/greentoglass/
Stay tuned for more fermentation recipes in my future posts! You can subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new recipes by email on a monthly basis.