Nourishing Maple Banana Chia Pudding Recipe with a Maple Coconut Cream Topping, Vegan and Gluten-Free
Makes about 4 servings
To make this healthy maple and banana chia pudding you will need:
1/2 cup chia seeds
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 ½ cups almond milk, unsweetened
1 medium-large ripe banana
1 can coconut milk, stored in the fridge (optional : to make the coconut cream topping)
- Mash the banana into a puree in a bowl.
- Add all the ingredients to your bowl, except for the coconut milk and half of the maple syrup (1/4 cup), and mix well.
- Divide into four portions, and refrigerate overnight, or for a minimum of 4 hours.
- When your chia pudding is ready, prepare the coconut cream, or just top with toasted coconut, fruits, and a chocolate drizzle.
To prepare the coconut cream :
- Pour the cold coconut paste, without the liquid coconut juice, into a bowl or small blender (Nutribullet), add 1/4 cup maple syrup, and whip until it becomes a soft white cream.
- Top your chia puddings with the coconut maple cream and some fresh or dried fruit.
Stay tuned for more healthy, gluten-free vegan recipes in my future posts! You can subscribe to the Green to Glass newsletter and receive notifications of new videos and recipes by email on a monthly basis.