Delicious cookies that are rich in fiber and protein, vegan, gluten-free, and super easy to prepare!
Makes about 2 dozen
To make these vegan, gluten-free, rich in protein and in fiber, cookies you will need :
1 1/2 cups gluten free flour
3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum (if it is not already in the flour)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup natural (unsweetened) hazelnut butter
3/4 cup real maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup unsalted shelled pistachios
2/3 cup cacao powder
1/2 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt (or any coarse, fine salt you like)
100g dark chocolate cut into chunks (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Whisk the dry ingredients; flour, cacao, salt, pistachios and baking powder in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the wet ingredients; hazelnut butter, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Using a spatula, mix the flour mixture with the hazelnut butter mixture.
- Using your clean hands, make small balls about the amount of 1-1/2 tablespoons. Place each cookie in a parchment-lined baking sheet pan.
- Using the palm of your hand, press down on top of each cookie to make a small disk.
- Sprinkle each cookie with Himalayan sea salt, and insert a chocolate chunk in the center.
- Bake them for 10-11 minutes. Let them cool on a rack before serving.
Stay tuned for more healthy, gluten-free vegan recipes in my future posts! You can subscribe to the Green to Glass newsletter and receive notifications of new videos and recipes by email on a monthly basis.