This video is about delicious, homemade, vegan coconut bacon. Slowly roasted in the oven, they come out crisp, tasty, and smokey! A perfect addition for your BLT’s, salads and dips!
Hope you enjoy this vegan coconut bacon recipe tutorial!
To make this vegan coconut bacon you will need:
- 2 cups large flake of unsweetened coconut
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (or a neutral oil)
- 2 Tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 pinch sea or Himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 350F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add coconut flakes, oil, tamari, smoked paprika, maple syrup, liquid smoke, and salt. Stir to thoroughly coat.
- Bake for 6 minutes, then stir and flip pan around. Bake for another 5-7 minutes, or until coconut bacon is crispy and golden brown. Watch carefully in the last minutes of cooking and be careful not to burn as it can go from brown to burnt very quickly.
- Let cool for 10 minutes – it will continue crisping as it cools. Store leftovers covered at room temperature up to 1 week, or in the freezer for 1 month.
Subscribe to my channel to watch all my future videos!
Follow me on Instagram! @green_to_glass
Like my Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/greentoglass/
Stay tuned for more videos in my future posts! You can subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new videos by email on a monthly basis.