These delicious energy balls are rich in fiber and protein. They are made with any nut butter of your choice, rolled oats, coconut oil, maple syrup, almond flour, organic dark chocolate chips, natural vanilla extract, and Himalayan salt.
Makes about 14 small bites
Do you need a delicious pick me up today? These cookie dough style energy balls will feed your inner kid!
1 1/2 cups (375 ml) gluten-free rolled oats
3 (45 ml) tablespoons coconut oil
3 (45 ml) tablespoons nut butter (peanut, almond, hazelnut, soya, sunflower seed)
1 teaspoon (5 ml) pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup (125ml) almond flour or coconut flour
1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) Himalayan or sea salt
3 tablespoons (45 ml) dark chocolate chips (70% cacao or more)
1/4 cup (60 ml) pure maple syrup
- To make these delicious energy balls, blend all your ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, in a food processor.
- When the mixture forms a dough, add the chocolate chips and blend just a few seconds in the food processor.
- Roll the dough into small balls and place on a sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Freeze the balls in your freezer for about 10 minutes, until firm.
- You can store your delicious cookie dough energy balls in an airtight container in your freezer, but I can tell you right now they won’t be there for long!
Are you ready to start planning your meals and making better food choices for you and your family? Stay tuned for more healthy snack recipes in my future posts! You can subscribe to this blog, and receive notifications of new posts and recipes by email on a monthly basis.