Eat spices, lose weight
Studies have shown that spices could play a key role when it comes to shedding extra pounds. They assist in tempering your appetite and they also stimulate your taste buds. Adding spices to your snacks and meals is a simple way to upgrade their flavors and aromas, you will also reap all the healthy benefits they have to offer. Therefore, if you wish to lose weight, eat more spices on a daily basis.
Here is a list of the 3 best spices to help you lose weight and boost your health:
- Hot peppers, because they help melt away fat by making you burn extra calories;
- Cinnamon, it has the ability to lower blood sugar and helps curb cravings;
- Ginger which can have a lowering effect on your cholesterol.
How can you consume these spices on a daily basis? Here are a few suggestions:
- Add powdered cinnamon to your smoothies and on freshly cut apples or other fruits.
- Ginger root can be blended (without peeling and a piece the size of your thumb) into your smoothie, infused in your tea, or passed through your juicer.
- Cayenne pepper spice, according to your tolerance level, can be added to your tomatoes based dishes, in your desert, snack or not mix recipes.
- My Spiced nuts recipe makes a healthy snack.
Are you ready to start planning your meals and making better food choices for you and your family? Stay tuned for more tips and suggestions to add more spices in your cooking in my future posts! You can subscribe to this blog, in the subscription area on this page, and receive notifications of new posts and recipes by email on a monthly basis.