Delicious sauteed hoisin rice with vegetables that is rich in fiber and protein, vegan, and super easy to prepare!
Makes about 4 servings
To make this easy vegan, rich in protein and in fiber, hoisin rice and vegetable recipe you will need :
3 packs (250g each) of semi-cooked wholegrain brown or basmati rice
1 cup organic gluten-free Hoisin sauce
2/3 cup tamari sauce
1/3 cup sesame oil
3/4 cashew nuts
1 cup fresh green peas, or thawed frozen peas
1 cup diced peppers (colors of your choice)
1 onion, finely chopped
3 leeks, white parts only, chopped
1 cup adzuki bean sprouts
2 cups baby spinach leaves
olive oil for cooking
- Heat a lug of olive oil in a large pan. Start by adding the leek.
- When the leek has started to soften, add the onions and brown them slightly.
- Add the peppers, cashews, and the beans and cook for a few minutes.
- While the veggies are cooking, cook the 3 packs of rice in your microwave, 1 at a time. Set aside.
- Pour the sesame oil, hoisin and tamari sauce on the veggie mixture, and add the 3 packets of rice.
- Mix all the ingredients gently. Incorporate the peas and the spinach leaves. Cook until the spinach is slightly wilted.
- Serve the rice in four bowls. Garnish with the seeds, sprouts, and a bit of your favorite hot sauce.
Stay tuned for more healthy, gluten-free vegan recipes in my future posts! You can subscribe to the Green to Glass newsletter and receive notifications of new videos and recipes by email on a monthly basis.