Delicious miso and shiitake noodle soup, vegan, gluten-free, high in protein, and super easy to prepare!
To make this easy vegan, high in protein miso and shiitake noodle soup recipe you will need :
1 onion, finely chopped
2 leeks, white parts only, chopped
2 tbsp fresh ginger grated
2 garlic cloves minced
2 cups baby spinach leaves
4 tbsp miso paste of your choice
2 litres vegetable stock
200 g Soba noodles or any other gluten-free noodles
200 g shiitake mushrooms, cut in half
1 can butter beans, drained and rinsed very well
Sesame seeds to garnish
- Heat a lug of olive oil in the bottom of a large stock pot on a medium/high heat, add the mushrooms and brown them. Set aside in a separate bowl.
- Add the onion and the leek and fry until they start to brown lightly. At this point, add the ginger and the minced garlic clove and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable stock, the mushrooms and the butter beans. Reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Meanwhile cook the soba noodles according to the instructions and put these in the bottom of your large serving bowls.
- Take 1 cup of your broth, and add the miso paste to it in a separate bowl. Mix with a whisk. Then pour the miso mixture into your pot.
- Leave to simmer a couple of minutes, add your spinach leaves, and serve immediately on top of your noodles. Garnish with the sesame seeds or any other toppings of your choice!
Stay tuned for more healthy, gluten-free vegan recipes in my future posts! You can subscribe to the Green to Glass newsletter and receive notifications of new videos and recipes by email on a monthly basis.