These delicious no-bake chocolaty brownies are vegan, gluten-free, rich in fiber and protein, and sure to please everyone!
16 (2 inch) squares
Do you need a delicious pick me up dessert today? These No-Bake Chocolaty Brownies will feed your inner kid!
1 1/3 cup (335 ml) soft pitted dates
1 cup (250ml) walnuts, hazelnuts or almonds
1/2 cup (125 ml) smooth almond or peanut butter
1/2 cup (125 ml) raw cacao powder
1/3 cup (85 ml) slightly roasted pecans, crushed
1 tiny pinch of Himalayan or sea salt
To prepare these wonderful no-bake chocolaty brownies you will need to follow these simple steps :
- Blend the nuts and dates in your blender until you obtain a paste like consistency.
- Add all the other ingredients above, excluding the pecans, in your blender and mix until you obtain a dough like consistency. Add small amounts of water at a time if your mixture is too dry.
- Line a square baking pan (8 inch) with parchment paper.
- Scoop out your dough on to the baking pan and flatten your mixture evenly by pressing down with your hands.
- Once you have pressed your dough evenly into your pan, sprinkle the pecans on top and press them down lightly into the dough.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours before cutting into squares.
- Store your brownies in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
Are you ready to start planning your meals and making better food choices for you and your family? Stay tuned for more healthy dessert recipes in my future posts! You can subscribe to this blog, and receive notifications of new posts and recipes by email on a monthly basis.