These delicious no bake nut free granola bars are rich in fiber and protein. They are also vegan and gluten-free! The perfectly wholesome lunch box treat!
Makes about 12 small bars
Do you need a delicious snack bar recipe that is super easy to make? These high protein, no bake nut free granola bars will definitely do the trick!
2 cups (500 ml) steel cut oats (gluten-free)
3 tablespoons (45 ml) coconut oil
1/2 cup (125 ml) soy butter (Wowbutter)
1/4 cup (60 ml) pumpkin seed meal (I use a coffee grinder to grind my seeds and nuts into flour) or 1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup (125ml) flax meal
1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) Himalayan or sea salt
3 tablespoons (45 ml) dark chocolate chips (70% cacao or more)
1/2 cup (120 ml) pure maple syrup (or 1/4 cup maple syrup and 1/4 filtered water for a less sweet snack)
1 cup (250 ml) dried dates, pitted
- To make these delicious no bake nut free granola bars, blend all your ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, in a food processor. After mixing a few minutes, if your mixture is too dry, and not forming a dough like texture, add 1-2 tablespoons of filtered water to moisten it.
- When the mixture forms a dough, add the chocolate chips and blend gently with a spatula.
- Flatten the dough evenly in a square pan lined with parchment or wax paper.
- Freeze the mixture in your freezer for about 10 minutes, until firm.
- Remove the parchment paper from the pan and cut into bars.
- You can store your delicious bars in an airtight container in your fridge, but I can tell you right now they won’t be there for long!
Are you ready to start planning your meals and making better food choices for you and your family? Stay tuned for more healthy snack recipes in my future posts! You can subscribe to this blog, and receive notifications of new posts and recipes by email on a monthly basis.