Delicious, Healthy Plant-Based Burger made with Lentils, Chia Seeds and Smoked Paprika, Gluten-Free
Makes about 6 servings
To make this healthy, gluten-free, plant-based burger you will need:
6 tablespoons of filtered water
2 tablespoons of chia seeds
2 cups of cooked orange lentils
Olive oil for cooking
2 fine ground garlic cloves
1 chopped onion
1 grated carrot
1 pint (227g) of white mushrooms, finely chopped in your food processor
1 tablespoon tamari sauce
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1 teaspoon celeri salt
1 teaspoon cumin
¾ cup walnuts, roasted and chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
6 gluten-free hamburger buns
- Preheat the oven at 400oF. Line a making sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the chia seeds and the water in a small bol and set aside
- Mash half of the lentils in a food processor until you reach a smooth texture.
- Heat a lug of olive oil in a pan and sauter the onions, garlic, mushrooms and carrot. Cook for about 10 minutes, mixing occasionnally. Add Tamara sauce and spices and continue cooking until the vegetables are tender.
- Combine the unmashed lentils with the lentil paste, walnuts, chia paste and the cooked vegetables in a medium size bowl. Make about 6 patties with your hands and lay them on the baking sheet.
- Cook in the oven for about 30 minutes and turn the patties over after 15 minutes.
- Serve on the gluten-free hamburger buns, season to taste and add your favorite garnishes : coconut bacon, fermented vegetables, hot sauce, sprouts, lettuce, tomato, avocado, vegan mayo, etc.
Stay tuned for more healthy, vegan recipes in my future posts! You can subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts and recipes by email on a monthly basis.