Delicious, vegan and gluten-free, made with oven baked pumpkin purée or canned. The pie filling, which includes cashews and coconut oil, is unbaked, and absolutely delicious! Served in a unsweetened almond crust, and topped with fluffy coco whip!
Makes 1 (9 inch) pie
1 cup (250 ml) raw cashews, soaked in filtered water for 2 hours and drained
1/2 cup (125 ml) coconut oil
2 teaspoons (10 ml) pure vanilla extract
1 cup (250ml) freshly baked and cooled or canned, pumpkin purée
3/4 teaspoon (4 ml) blend of nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice or ginger
1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) Himalayan or sea salt
3/4 cup (175 ml) pure maple syrup
1 store bought gluten-free, unsweetened, frozen almond pie crust, I really like Piccola Cucina crusts
Optional : Store bought coconut whipping cream or make your own
Rich in healthy fats, fiber, minerals, vitamin A, and beta carotene, vegan, gluten-free, just fabulous my darling!
- To make this delicious pie, start by baking your pie crust according to the instructions on the box. Let the crust cool.
- Add all your ingredients to your food processor and blend well until a creamy mixture is obtained.
- Pour your pumpkin mixture into your pie crust and let cool in the freezer for about 4 hours, until the filling is firm.
- Garnish with some whipped coconut cream and enjoy!
- Your pie can be stored in the fridge or in your freezer.
Are you ready to start planning your meals and making better food choices for you and your family? Stay tuned for more healthy dessert recipes in my future posts! You can subscribe to this blog, and receive notifications of new posts and recipes by email on a monthly basis.