Softly spiced nuts recipe
4 servings (½ cup each)
Spiced nuts recipe
If you want to prepare this fabulous protein packed spiced nuts recipe, you will need all of these:
- ¼ teaspoon mild chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon organic cane sugar
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne pepper (optional!)
- 2 teaspoons tamari sauce
- ¼ teaspoon allspice or ground cloves½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (vegan or regular version)
- 2 tablespoons organic or regular canola oil
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom
Here are the easy instructions for this tasty recipe
- First of all, to make your spiced nuts recipe, you will preheat your oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Second of all, you will line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Third, you need to combine all ingredients in a bowl, except nuts, and blend the mixture well.
- Then you can add the nuts and stir gently with a spatula so you can completely coat them with the spice mixture.
- All you need to do to make the magic happen is transfer nuts to baking sheet, and spread them out evenly. Bake your nuts for about 12 minutes, tossing a few times, until lightly toasted. Furthermore, you need to watch carefully toward the end of baking to ensure your nuts do not overcook or burn because as a result they will taste bitter.
- Finally, remove the nuts from the oven, and let them cool completely before you transfer them in an airtight container.
I store my spiced nuts in my freezer because it gives them a longer shelf-life. This snack is totally appropriate for children, minus the Cayenne pepper.
Protein content per serving: approx. 19g
Are you ready to start making better food choices for you and your family? Stay tuned for more healthy snack recipes in my future posts! You can subscribe to this blog, and receive notifications of new posts and recipes by email on a monthly basis.