This delicious Squash Chocolate Chip Oat Bread is vegan, gluten-free, and rich in fiber. A recipe that is sure to please everyone! You can also make a banana oat bread by adding two overripe bananas instead of 3/4 cup squash puree.
Do you need a delicious pick me up today? This sweet Squash Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bread will feed your inner kid!
1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil
1/2 cup (125ml) coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon Himalayan or sea salt
2/3 cups (150ml) vegan dark chocolate chips (70% cacao or more)
2/3 cup (150ml) organic brown sugar
3 tablespoons (45ml) pure maple syrup
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon gingerbread spice
1 1/2 cups (375ml) gluten-free flour, I use La Merveilleuse
1 cup (250ml) rolled oats
3/4 cup (190ml) Butternut or Acorn squash puree* or 2 overripe mashed bananas
1 small overripe mashed banana
1 1/2 cup (375ml) unsweetened almond milk
* To prepare baked Butternut squash :
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Using a large, sturdy knife, cut your butternut squash in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the seeds and stringy bits from each half and discard.
- Brush with olive oil, coating the entire surface of the squash flesh. Then lay cut-side down on to a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Roast in the oven for approximately 45-60 minutes, or until soft, and fork-tender.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Scoop flesh from the skin. You can freeze your squash puree in an airtight container and use as needed in your favorite recipes.
To prepare this wonderful squash and chocolate chip bread you will need to follow these simple steps :
- Preheat your oven to 375 °F.
- Whisk the dry ingredients (excluding the chocolate chips) in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the wet ingredients.
- Using a spatula, mix the dry mixture with the wet mixture.
- Add half of the chocolate chips and blend well.
- Add your batter to a parchment-lined or greased loaf pan (9 x 5 inches).
- Decorate the top of your loaf with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for around 45 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let your bread cool in the pan for about 15 minutes before transferring to a plate. Wait a few hours before slicing.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Are you ready to start planning your meals and making better food choices for you and your family? Stay tuned for more healthy snack recipes in my future posts! You can subscribe to this blog, and receive notifications of new posts and recipes by email on a monthly basis.